Life has a way of wearing us down. The deadlines, priorities, setbacks, and obligations can all take a toll on us, leaving us mentally and physically drained. After a breakup with the man in your dreams, the loss of a job, or an unpleasant situation, you may believe there is something wrong you, for why would you keep attracting negative outcomes? The most important lesson that I’ve learned in my late 20’s is to guard my thoughts. Make sure that only positive thoughts are dwelled upon and negative thoughts are deleted immediately.
Negative thoughts is something I struggle with daily. For that reason, I have created various activities to help build my self-esteem and improve my thinking. It’s not often that I dwell on my positive attributes, so that’s why I’ve developed an exercise that would help me reinforce my positive characteristics. Dwelling on my positive attributes will magnify those attributes and isn’t that what we all want?
I’ve created a list of my favorite attributes. I started it earlier this year and have been adding to it as time passes by. Here’s what I love about me:
- I love the fact that I am a giver. I make sacrifices to ensure that my family and friends feel appreciated. For birthdays, weddings, and other milestones, I make a considerable efforts to be present.
- I love my bubbly personality. I smile when I feel like crying. I encourage others when I am not feeling encouraged myself. I laugh constantly. I get excited over the most mundane things, and I’ve been told that my smile can light up a room.
- I am extremely organized and an impeccable planner. I love the fact that I have a one-track mind. Once I’ve made a decision of where I want to be, I will do whatever it takes to get there. Whatever. It. Takes. My favorite quote is, Where there is a will, there is a way.
- I am always striving to make myself better. I will invest in personal development courses and therapy. I purchase self-help books. I am constantly evaluating and always looking to improve who I am.
- I love my family. I admire each and every one of my family members in a unique way. They inspire and support more than they know.
- I always try to do the right thing (even when it hurts).
- I am a thinker. Before making a decision, I think carefully about the pros. I think about the cons. I consider various perspectives. I think about my future goals. I think about everything. I take my time before I arrive at a final decision.
- I love hard. Once I’ve made a decision to love someone, I am committed. I am loyal. I am patient. I am his #1 fan.
- I get along with a variety of people. I can engage in conversations with people from different walks of life, religious backgrounds, race/ethnicities, and nationalities. I love people and I’ve been told that my down-to-earth personality is one of my greatest attributes.
- I am sensitive. I have a keen intuition and can sense the most obscure things about people. I am empathetic and can feel one’s disappointments and setbacks. I can feel the pain of others.
- I love my sense of humor. It’s quirky with a hint of sarcasm.
- I started a blog called Scribbles & Tostitos and I have maintained for 2 years. The blog’s purpose to encourage and empower women to be the best they can be!
- High Expectations
- My Abuser (Part III): Tips For Dealing With The Inner Me
- Power Of A Woman’s Intuition